Pushover Notifications Setup Guide
This tutorial walks you through the steps to configure Pushover notifications on your self-hosted Obico server.
1. Create a Pushover app and obtain its API Token and your User Key
Creating a Pushover app is a surprisingly simple process. Follow the Pushover instructions.
If everything goes smoothly, you should see a page similar to this when you are done with your new API key:
While you are on Pushover's site, make note of your User Key as well. It should be displayed on the Pushover homepage if you are logged into your account.
2 Configure environment variables
- Make a copy of
dotenv.exampleand rename the copy as
.envin the project root directory if you haven't previously done so.
- Open the
- Uncomment the line with
PUSHOVER_APP_TOKENand paste in your API key obtained in step 1 like this:
3. Rebuild the app containers
Run this command to rebuild your app containers:
docker-compose up --build -d
4. Configure your User key and notification preferences
- Navigate to the Preferences panel in the web UI.
- Click the Pushover option under Notifications
- Paste in your Pushover User Key obtained in step 1
- Ensure the Enable notification box is checked. Also check/uncheck your preferred notification events