Choose How You Host Obico
Host your own cloud server with your hardware or have us host the server on the Obico Cloud.
Host the Obico platform on your own server
- Fun project for makers
- Run your own cloud server on an old laptop or Nvidia Jetson Nano.
- Possible cost savings
- You don't have to pay to run self-hosted server. The only cost will be whatever costs you to set up and run a server. With an optimal server congifuration, self-hosting may cost less than paying for an Obico Cloud Pro Plan.
- Fully customizable
- All source code is available on github.
See the source code
Hosted and maintained by Obico
- Accessible from anywhere, anytime
- Professionally run by Obico to make sure you always have a snappy connection to your printer.
- No server hardware required
- No need to devote a computer, set up the public IP, firewall or DNS No extra bandwidth/electricity costs.
- Free and Pro Plans available
- Free plan for occasional printing, Pro Plan starts at $4/month.
Compare Self Hosting And Obico Cloud
- You are responsible for obtaining the appropriate server hardware: power supply, disk space, CPU, memory, network router, etc.
- Certain level of familiarity with Docker and Linux is required to deploy the Obico Server.
- You are responsible for keeping the server up and running so that it’s accessible when you need to connect to your printer.
- The Obico team deploys the Obico Cloud with the optimal hardware so that you can have a snappy app experience anytime, anywhere.
- Every aspect of the server is customizable, including the logo, the color scheme and the font
- You can also change how the server behaves anyway you like it by adding new code or change existing code.
- Limited customization. You can change between the light mode and the dark mode, but not to an arbitrary color scheme
- Limited ability to change how the server behaves.
- You are responsible for:
Exposing the self-hosted server to the internet with a reverse proxy Securing it with a firewall Setting up the DNS You are responsible for configuring the server with proper credentials such as email server, SMS carrier, Telegram bot, etc. Push Notification require apple/google developer account and advanced technical skills.
- You are responsible for configuring the server with proper credentials such as email server, SMS carrier, Telegram bot, etc.
- Push Notification require apple/google developer account and advanced technical skills.
- Professionally configured and operated by the Obico team:
Properly load-balance the server so that you can have a snappy connection no matter where you are Correctly secure the server with an optimal set of firewall rules
- Fully configured by the Obico team, including mobile push notification, Email, and all other notiifcation channels.