Should I disable the webcam streaming?
There are 2 reasons why you need to consider disabling the webcam streaming:
High CPU usage. Streaming real video on Raspberry Pi's flimsy CPU is a tricky balancing act. It is possible in some situations The Detective tries too hard at her effort to send the best quality video streams to you. This may cause excessive CPU usage and hence impact the quality of your prints.
Webcam streaming not working in OctoPrint. If, after installing
Obico for OctoPrintplugin, you can no longer see webcam stream in OctoPrint, you should restart the Raspberry Pi and wait for a few minutes to see if the webcam stream will appear. If not, you should consider disabling the webcam streaming.
How can I do that?
- Open OctoPrint settings page by clicking the wrench icon (🔧).
- Scroll down the navigation bar on the left side.
- Click the "Obico for OctoPrint" tab.
- Click the "Settings" button.
- Check "Disable webcam streaming".
- Click "Save".
- Restart OctoPrint.